Update: Overwhelmed with peace
It’s been quite some time since I last posted, but a lot has been going on. There are multiple posts that aren’t quite ready to go live, but I wanted to share a brief update on the topics they’re going to focus on and why it’s been so long since my last post.
I am done with high school…kinda. I still have commencement in a couple weeks, but as far as studying, classes, and the sort goes, I’m done. Before I got to this point though, I was studying, like a lot. It was stressful, but I got through successfully and now I’m done—but that’s the main reason why I haven’t been posting.
So much has been going on in this rush the the end that will make for some great posts in the coming weeks and months. While these posts aren’t ready to go yet, I wanted to share the general topics they evolve around as a kind of “hold over” for the few of you who read this blog regularly.
- In two weeks I will leave the school I have attended for the past 13 years.
- Within the week after I leave my academic home, I will leave my actual home and spend the summer before college living in San Francisco.
- In SF, I’ll be working on a few different projects: a couple in tech, one in volunteering, and a couple wildly unrelated to anything I’ve ever done before.
- Plus living on my own and making friends in a city that’s a 6 hour flight from my hometown.
- One of these projects is a quote app called Ho’omaka that I built with my friend Jeremy Koch. It will be available for iOS this week.
- Speaking of friends, despite all of the excitement quickly approaching, I’m really enjoying spending extra time with the people I love. As excited as I am for SF, my ability to hang out with my friends will be restricted a bit by my move, so these days now are nice.
- And for all the people who I’ve grown up with the past 13 years at Berkeley Prep but may not hang out with a lot, I wrote a poem that I am fortunate to get to present during our commencement as a kind of final, unifying word. The final version of the poem was submitted this morning, and I’m incredibly excited for you all to hear it.
In addition to all of this of course is the fact that I’m going to college in the fall.
Hopefully it’s clear why it has been a while since my last post, but I think the coming posts will be well worth the wait.
Anyway, that’s what’s been going on, and I hope to get some new posts out in the next few weeks. As always, thanks for reading.